Fifth Annual Holy Song Composition Contest
In accordance with True Parents’ instructions and as part of the providence centered on the culture of heart, True Mother’s Secretariat, the Department of Cultural Promotion, the Hyojeong Cultural Center and the Holy Song Compilation Committee would like to continue the creation of new holy songs that reflect the Cheon Il Guk era.
The Cheon Il Guk holy song composition contest aims to commemorate the 8th Anniversary of True Father’s Holy Ascension (Seonghwa) as well as enrich the existing canon by adding new holy songs. This contest is open to all regions, members and anyone around the world who acknowledges being a citizen of Cheon Il Guk (a Family Federation member).
Through this competition, the Hyojeong Cultural Center’s Holy Song Compilation Committee will compile all submitted entries of new holy song compilations in praise of Heavenly Parent and True Parents, or that convey values and meaning that are in keeping with the era of Cheon Il Guk. It is expected that existing holy songs will be enhanced and that our church music will be further developed.
FFWPU International HQ humbly requests the full support of many members in these compositions so that sacred and beautiful holy songs embodying the ideals of Heavenly Parent and True Parents can be compiled. Please refer to the information below for more details.
- Official Title: Fifth Annual Holy Song Composition Contest
- Scope: New holy songs, Lyrics for holy songs, Score or lead sheet of music
- A competition to commemorate the 8th Anniversary of True Father’s Holy Ascension (Seonghwa)
- To gather new holy songs that express the culture of heart and the values of Cheon Il Guk, and create music for Cheon Won Gung
- Cultivate the spirit of True Parents’ culture of heart (culture of hyojeong)
- Activating interest in holy songs through creative musical initiatives focused on songs of praise
- Discover, recognize and help musically and artistically gifted members
- When submitting:
- We only accept songs composed within the past 1 year (since August 24, 2019) .
Songs that have been submitted for previous competition cannot be resubmitted.
- Theme : All themes that praise Heavenly Parent and True Parents and align with the new era of Cheon Il Guk are acceptable including themes such as love of Heavenly Parent and True Parents, true love, living for the sake of others, creating a heavenly culture, one world family, one world of peace and affirmation of faith.
Style: All styles are acceptable.
- Participants: Any registered member of FFWPU may participate.
|Prize type||Number of winners||Prize money|
|Grand prize||1||1,800,000 won|
|Gold prize||2||1,000,000 won|
|Silver prize||3||600,000 won|
|Highly commended||5||400,000 won|
*Bank fees for sending the prize money will be deducted from the prize money. The bank fee is different for each country.
- Award Details
- Prize and award plaque
- Consideration for entry in the Cheon Il Guk Holy Song Book, and music for Cheon Won Gung
- Time Period for Submissions
From 7.10 – 9.10 in H.C. (August 28, 2020 ~ October 26, 2020)
- Submission Format, your submission will not be accepted if it is not sent according to the format below.
- Each file must be in Microsoft WORD format
- Each file must be named in the order described below
- Each file sent in must have its filename in ENGLISH only:
- Example 1: When you send a MP3 file, type ‘MUSIC’ at the beginning of the folder name along with the country, submitter’s last name, first name and title of son. MUSIC, USA, Diamond, Neil, Hot August Night (Type, Name of Country, Last Name, First Name, Title of Song) VIDEO, USA, Kubrick, Stanley, 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Example 2: When you send sheet music, type ‘Sheet’ at the beginning of the folder name. SHEET, USA, Diamond, Neil, Hot August Night (Type, Name of Country, Last Name, First Name, Title of Song)
- Example 3: When you send in your application, type, ‘APP’ at the beginning of the folder name. APP, USA, Diamond, Neil, Hot August Night (Type, Name of Country, Last Name, First Name, Title of Song)
- Example 4: When you send in your lyric, type, ‘LYRIC’ at the beginning of the folder name. LYRIC, USA, Diamond, Neil, Hot August Night (Type, Name of Country, Last Name, First Name, Title of Song)
*Please send all file names in English, this way organizing over 100 entries can be done efficiently.
- How to Submit Entries
- The department in charge of cultural affairs in each region should compile all applications and submit them to the Hyo Jeong Music Sub-Committee via email or each participant can send directly to email@example.com.
- Type ‘CIG HS Competition, and senders name’ in the email subject heading.
- All submitted lyrics must be in three languages of Korean, Japanese and English.
- Announcement of Winners
An official announcement will be made of the winners in each nation and each winner will be contacted personally either through email or telephone.
Any material submitted for consideration may be added to the existing canon of holy songs. Winning songs are considered to be candidates for Holy Song designation. Copyright for all submitted material remains the property of the authors and composers, however authors and composers must agree to allow their winning entries to be used without reservation for any purposes or activities; concerts, videos, songbooks and recordings related with FFWPU or Heavenly Parent’s Holy Community.
- Hyo Jeong Cultural Center / Music Subcommittee / Gapyeong, Korea
- Contact Person: Mrs. Yeunhee Chang
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel. (Korea) : + 031-589-1762
- Tel. (From overseas) : +82-31-589-1762
- Application form for the Holy Song Composition Contest