New Zealand: UN International Day of Families
Prepared by UPF New Zealand
This year 2020 has been such an unprecedented year with the Covid 19 pandemic and the lockdown which we could never have imagined.
This was first time for us to organize a ZOOM Video conference to celebrate this year’s International Day of Families on Saturday, 16th May from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Our theme this year was “How do we develop a healthy family culture”. About 20 people joined through the virtual meeting and shared value of family. The fact was that New Zealand was still under alert level 2, which doesn’t allow us to gather more than 10 people so still many people hesitate to join any kind of events around this time. So this opportunity provided heart of reunion among the participants.
The program included invited speakers, and a song presentation. The speakers were:
- MC: Mr Geoffrey Fyers/Secretary General of UPF NZ
- Welcome Remark: Mr Kenji Watanabe/ Chair of Peace Federations
- Opening Remark: Rev. Greg Stone/ Secretary General of UPF Oceania
- 1st Speaker: Mr. Ross Robertson/ Former Assistant Speaker of House
- 2nd Speaker: Mr Adel Jamati/ Director of Education of UPF NZ
- 3rd Performer: Geoffrey and Yoshiko Prentice/ Former National Leader of FFWPU NZ
- 4th Speaker: Mrs Anne Pala/ Chair of an NGO
- 5th Speaker: Mrs Lia Goijarts/ WFWP member
- 6th Speaker: Mrs Keitha Browning/ FFWPU NZ Senior member