Call for Nominations for the 4th Sunhak Peace Prize
Introduction to the SunHak Peace Prize, the Laureates and Their Achievements
1. Click on your preferred language to watch the Video:
2. Click on your preferred language to download the brochures:
The Sunhak Peace Prize Committee will receive recommendations from March to May 2019 for candidates for the 4th Sunhak Peace Prize. Under the peace vision of the “One Family of All Humans,” the Sunhak Peace Prize takes “human rights respect,” “conflict” and “ecosystemic conservation” as the three symbols of peace, and the winner is selected every other year and receives US$1 million in prize money and medals.
Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon founded the Sunhak Peace Prize to continue the legacy and vision of Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon who founded the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification, and who dedicated his life to the promotion of world peace, working beyond the boundaries of racem religion and state.
The inaugural award was given in 2015. The 4th Sunhak Peace Prize Award Ceremony will take place in 2020, to honor the centenary of the birth of the founder, Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon. In particular, 2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the birth of its founder, Moon Sun-myung, which has called for Award Ceremony a year ahead of the schedule.
The Sunhak Peace Prize seeks to find a hidden leader who has devoted himself to world peace and to make it a model of the vision of peace for the whole family of mankind, so please give us a lot of attention and recommendation.
Criteria for candidacy
- Individual or organization that has contributed to the Sunhak Peace Prize’s missions.
- Individual or organization that has positively influenced to diverse nations, races, religions and cultures for the sake of peace
- In the case of individuals, the nominees in question must be presently alive.
The documents for submission
- recommendation letters (in a format)
- the evidence of the candidate’s achievements in relation to the nomination
The application for recommendation letters
- Application period : March 2019 – May 2019
- Reception: 8th F. Dowon Bldg. 34 Mapo-daero Mapo-gu, Seoul, S. Korea 04174
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 02-3278-5160 / Fax: 02-3278-5198
Official Announcement and Award Ceremony
- Official Announcement : October 2019, Sunhak Peace Prize home page
- Award Ceremony : February 2020, Seoul