GOP Now Accepting 2018-19 Applications
Imagine a place where children explore and grow in their faith while also learning the language and culture of True Parents. The General Orientation Program (GOP) in Korea has provided an immersive cultural and spiritual experience for young people for over 30 years.
When your child enrolls in the GOP 2018-2019 school year, he or she will have the opportunity to learn the Korean language, experience Korean food, culture and lifestyle and visit places where True Parents carried out their providential course.
Students between 12-15 years old are invited to participate in this unique program that provides academic and experiential learning within a spiritually nurturing community. The GOP staff is dedicated to providing a warm and safe living environment in which your son or daughter can thrive academically as well as spiritually. Students often come to grow their knowledge of the Korean language, and they will ultimately grow in heart and spirit as well.
GOP has recently moved to the HJ Cheonwon Complex from Sun Hwa Arts School in Seoul in September 1, 2016 and True Mother gave the school a new name: Sunhak Institute of Korean Studies for Foreign Blessed Children. True Parents wish to enable international blessed children to have a chance to learn True Parents’ language, faith and tradition. Since the appointment of Yeon Ah Moon as Principal at the end of 2014, she has taken a great interest in the students and the program, and worked with staff to strengthen it.
Scholarships Are Available
True Mother has generously made available a limited number of scholarships to cover the cost of tuition for qualified applicants. All students who apply and meet the requirements are automatically considered for these scholarships.
- Applicants need to be young Unificationists, age 12 to 15.
- Applicants need to have completed primary school (sixth grade) or the first year of middle school by August 2018.
- Applicants need to demonstrate an understanding of the purpose of studying in Korea and preparedness to follow the school schedule and dorm rules.
- Applicants must be spiritually and physically healthy.
- Applicants must be able to communicate in English.
- Recommendation from the local church is required.
- Send Application with picture, and photocopy of passport, and any other necessary documents.
To apply for GOP 2018-2019, download and fill out the application at the link below, read the pamphlet, then submit your application and church recommendation letter via email to email@example.com.
- Sunhak Institute/Western Office
- Mr. Olaleye Alao
- Telephone: +82-10-72676208 / +82-31-5849525-6
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 238-45 Misari-ro, Seorak-myeon, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea