Dominican Republic: Holy Blessing Ceremony
By Leonidas Belliard, FFWPU Dominican Republic
After one-month preparation period, led by our special envoy, Rev. Dae Hee Hong and Mr. Leonidas Belliard, the national leader and with the devotion conditions of all leaders and members, we held the first “Interreligious Blessing Festival for Peace” with the participation of 30 couples, amount them 4 couples of board members of IAPP, 7 couples of board members of CDLR, universities professors, lawyers, professional ambassadors for peace and other important persons from different backgrounds.
Base on Asia model, Rev. Dae Hee Hong, expended one week researching about how to do the HTM for IAPP and CDLR members; we adapted the model to our ciscunstancies, so we decided to breakthrough our first event.
Since Saturday Nov. 4th to 6th, we taught the Divine Principle, Family values, the meaning & value of Blessing, and the Life course of father Moon.
The theme “A Model of Couple & Family for Building a Better Country” was chose to present our model of ideal family and the blessing ceremony as a way to accomplish our Heavenly Tribal Messiah ship. So, during these two days we conducted a series of lectures to prepare them for the blessing ceremony.
While studying the lectures for building a nation and a world of peace, the participants got moved and inspired, so they could feel a new hope for changing this world.
At the last day, we conducted the Blessing Ceremony for all 30 couples’ participants, where each couple became so happy and proud to be able to participate in such meaningful and nice ceremony. We did the Holy Blessing ceremony, including the interreligious holy water ceremony and the indemnity stick ceremony. Every couple came in front of the stage and did the indemnity stick ceremony full of happiness and fun. We explained the meaning of the 40-days separation condition and the 3-days rebirth ceremony to all of them.
At the end, several couples came to us showing their determination and willingness to realize a similar event in their areas:
- Dr. Carlos Martinez & Sonia de Martinez (City Councilman and wife), set the date of December 15th, 2017 to celebrate a blessing ceremony for 25 couples in Puerto Plata
- The Senator’s couple: Dr. Amarilis Santana & Dr. Enrique Martinez (husband) set the date of Jan. 20th, 2018 to celebrate a blessing ceremony for 50 couples organized by them in la Romana city.
- The congressman’s couple: Mr. Rafael Mendez & Albertina Mendez set the date of Feb. 25th, 2018 to celebrate a blessing ceremony in Neyba city.
- The Vice Minister of Women’s Affairs determined to design a precise schedule to do a Pure Love campaign in schools in partnership with WFWP
- Congressman Jose Garcia & his wife: They offered his own house to do the blessing ceremony on march next year 2018
Several other participants expressed their desire to do a similar ceremony in their local towns in the near future.
At the end, we realized that this Model of Heavenly Tribal Messiahship Blessing Ceremony gave us a lot of confidence that we can accomplish our mission of HTM soon and bring joy to our True Parent by bringing sons and daughters of God to do His will.
We are looking to do the right follow up education for them during this 40-days separation period in order to teach them well to be successful in the 3-days rebirth ceremony.