Panama: IAPP Inauguration
Prepared by UPF Panama
On Thursday, October 26th, 2017, the IAAP – International Association of Parliamentarians for Peace was inaugurated at the local level in Panamá at the Clarion Victoria Hotel, focused on the theme: “The Role of Parliamentarians in Creating a Culture of Peace”. In attendance were the Magistrate of the Higher Family Courd, Hon Nelly Cedeño de Paredes, the former Magistrates Dr. Harley Mitchell Dale, the Vice-Minister of Work and Labor Development Hon Zulphy Santamaría, the Vice Mayor of Panama City Hon. Raisa Banfield, parliamentarians from different political parties, Ambassadors for Peace, a representative of the Commerce and Industry Ministry, universities professors, presidents of NGOs and religious leaders and more than 120 Civil Society Leaders.
The event panelists were:
- MC Lic. Josip De Lora Jeannette
- Shihan Fabio Pérez, President of UPF, Chapter Panamá
- Sang Suek Kim, President of FFWPU, Latin America
- José Alfaro Jiménez, Former vice president and President of Costa Rica National Assembly, current member of Congress and Central America and the Caribbean IAPP President
- Magistrate Nelly Paredes, Magistrate of the Higher Family Courd
- Hon Dalia Bernal Yañez, Member of Congress, Panamá
- Charles Yang, UPF President of Central America and the Caribbean
- Ana G. Rosa de Vallerino; secretary of the woman of Democratic Change Party
Hon Nelly Cedeño de Paredes, Magistrate of the Higher Family Courd, spoke about: How is the role of leaders, families and young people?
“These political, religious and NGOs’s leaders play a very important role going over the several changes happening within their environment. They lose the essence of life value, good quality of life, good life; where happy moments may be more than sadness moments. we can learn these situations when gathered together and get the support of the supreme been, God.
It is there, where the three pillars: Political, family and youth leaders may be strength to achieve the sustainable growth of the family and society.”
Lcda. Ana G. Rosa de Vallerino; secretary of the woman of Democratic Change Party said:
“I want to leave you with this message, to thank all of you for your participation in this great event, as leaders committing to have a purposeful life where our legacy is that seed that from our family germinates and that should definitely round in learning to live for the benefit of all.”
UPF Panamá appointed as MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE of International Association of Parliamentarians for Peace, Chapter Panamá and it was guided by Dr. Yang, Rev. Kim and Hon. Jose Alberto Alfaro.
All parliamentarians signed the Resolutions of Inauguration and determination to work and follows all the issues printed in the resolution panel going beyond their political parties and philosophies.