Ghana: Character Education in Schools
by Marthe Whyte, WFWP GHANA
In the month of June, 2017 Women’s Federation for World Peace-Ghana engaged in character education based on teaching about HIV/Aids. We use flip chart and meet pupils and students in public and private schools in Accra.
We visited these schools with the support from Ghana Education Service. Every Academic year, WFWP-Ghana is given an authorization to educate pupils and students in all the schools. This year, WFWP is concentrating in schools in Accra.
- On 9th June 2017, WFWP visited ‘’ Progressive Faith School’ ’located in Odokor a suburb of Accra. Our team spoke to 120 students from primary and Junior High School.
- On 13th June 2017, WFWP visited ‘’ holy Child Academy’’. The team spoke to 90 pupils from the primary section.
- On 23rd June 2017, WFWP visited ‘’Saleria Basic 1’’ School. Our team spoke to 150 students from Junior high School.
- On 28th June 2017, WFWP met with 157 pupils from Saleria Basic 2 Primary School.
- On 30th June 2017, WFWP had a conference in the second section of ‘’Saleria Basic1 School. The team spoke to 138 pupils from the Primary section of the school.
In all, during June 2017, WFWP –Ghana impacted the lives of 655 students in four schools in Accra, Ghana.