2017 Korean Government Scholarship Program for Graduate Degrees
Sun Moon University is now receiving applications for the 2017 Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for Graduate Degrees for competent candidates in mission nations who have the potential to serve as future leaders. We would like to ask all regional headquarters to base their selection of scholarship recipients on the guidelines within the attached program guidelines.
- Educational program: 1-year Korean language program + 2-year Degree Program (Master’s/Doctoral)
※ scholars with advanced levels (5 & 6) on TOPIK at the time of applying will be exempt from the language program and will start their degree programs upon arriving in Korea.
- Scholarship students to be accepted: Maximum 25 for Master’s and Doctoral courses
- Maximum 3 students per country (up to 4 students can be selected when one of the candidates majors in natural science)
- Academic courses : Refer to the attached Sun Moon University Graduate School information
- Scholarship benefits
- Airfare (Round trip) covered
- Registration fee: Fully covered
- Tuition: Fully covered
- Monthly living expenses: KRW 900,000
* Refer to the attached guidelines for more details
- Eligibility (must satisfy all qualifications below)
- Applicants and their parents must hold citizenship of countries other than Korea (those with dual citizenship that includes Korean citizenship are also ineligible)
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2017 (born after September 1, 1977).
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or equivalent degree, as of August 31, 2017.
- Applicants who have completed a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Korea are not eligible to apply.
- A former KGSP scholar who graduated or is expected to graduate as of August 31, 2017 is eligible to apply.
- Applicants must maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 80%.
- Applicants must be in good enough health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for the extended period of time that their studies require.
- How to submit an application
- Application deadline: 2017.3.28.(Tue) 6 pm (KST)
- Required documents: Failure to submit all documents may result in rejection of the application.
- Application form (Refer to the attached application form)
- Other documents (Refer to the attached checklist)
- Sun Moon University Graduate School Office
- Address: Graduate School Office #409B Main Building, 221 Sunmoon-ro, Tangjeong-myeon, Asan-City, Chung-nam Province, 31460 Republic of Korea
- E-mail: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org/ Person in charge: Nan-hong Kim
*All documents must be received before the deadline.
- Refer to the guidebook for more details.
- Attachments (click to download)
- 2017 KGSP-G Application Guidelines (Kor/Eng) & FAQs
- 2017 KGSP-G Application Form
- 2017 KGSP-G Required Documents Checklist
- Sun Moon University Graduate School Information (Kor/Eng)