Argentina: International Women’s Day 2016
By WFWP Argentina: The Argentine chapters of WFWP and UPF carried out the annual celebration of the UN International Women`s Day on March 10, 2016.
The event was held at the “Botica del Angel” a very famous Art Museum in Buenos Aires. Women of different social areas were distinguished for their values and their efforts in living for the sake of others. Each of them received a certificate, Father’s autobiography and lots of love from everybody.
There were artistic performances offered by different singers and musicians, and a poem: “Women for Peace”, was offered by the poet Alba Contardo with reference to the special day.
UPF Ambassador for Peace, Donato Perrone, was in charge of reading the UN Secretary General message for the occasion and the Secretary General of UPF in Argentina, Miguel Werner, offered a host and some allusive words.
Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon Words were read by the Argentine WFWP president, Rosetta Castellon, reminding the important role of all women in the world and the leading role that WFWP should take in this time to educate on values and to revive the true family.
All UPF and WFWP local staff made a great effort of collaboration for the success of the celebration, that finalized with a refreshment were everybody could appreciate the international taste of salad and sweet snacks prepared by our international sisters of our community.
Our awardees this year were:
- Mrs. Martha Perez Chavez (working for handicaps)
- Mrs. Maria Salome Figueroa (for her supporting of altruistic works)
- Mrs. Laura Andrea Suarez ( for educating Down Syndrome Children and promoting environmental care for them)
- Mrs. Maria Clara Garay (for her works in a long life medical care as nurse)
- Mrs. Nancy Falcon ( for deep compromise in the interreligious and intercultural dialogue)
- Mrs. Elena Santa Cruz ( for humanitarian help in different areas)
- Mrs. Juana Donadio ( for long life working to promote peace values)