India: Special Event of the SUNHAK Peace Prize
By UPF India: An special event on SUNHAK Peace Prize was held at Oberoi hotel New Delhi India on November 23, 2015, with the theme “Making the World Better for Future Generations: Finding Solution to Climate Change and World Hunger” on the occasion of 10th anniversary of celebration of Universal Peace Federation
- Dr. Il Sik Hong, Chairman of Sunhak Peace Prize Committee visited India to attend a Special Event of the Sunhak Peace Prize to promote the vision of Sunhak Peace Prize.
- Chairman Dr. Il Sik Hong and the delegates had meeting with Hon’ble (Mrs.) Sumitra Mahajan, Speaker of Indian Parliament (Lok Sabha) on 23rd afternoon.
- In the evening a Special Event of the Sunhak Peace Prize was organized on the theme “Makign the World Better for Future Generations: Finding Solutions to Climate Change and World Hunger”.
- The event was organized on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of the Founding of the UPF.
- More than 120 VIP delegates (including the current Minister for Rural Development of Government of India Shri Chaudhuary Birender Singh, Member of Parliament, Religious leaders, Political Leaders, Former Diplomats, Civil Society (NGO) Leaders, Journalist, Academicians, civil servants and Businessmen) attended the program.
- First Sunhak Peace Prize Winner Dr. Mudadugu Vijay Gupta also attended the program.
Five (5) eminent leaders from different fields were awarded the Ambassador for Peace of UPF:
- Dr. M. Vijay Gupta (Winner of first Sunhak peace Prize)
- Shri Ashok Thakur (Director, NAFED)
- Shri Vijay Jolly (President, Delhi Study Group)
- Prof. Talat Ahmed (Vice Cheancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia)
- Prof. Sushma Yadav (Pro Vice Chancellor, IGNOU)