Tribal Mesahiaship and Blessing of Marriage in Asia
FFWPU Asia, Dr. Robert Kittel: Our Regional President, Dr. Yong, has set challenging goals that help us focus on principle education and marriage blessing – essentially Tribal Messiahship. To fulfill our True Parents’ dream of Vision 2020 we are going to hold a rally of 70,000 at the national stadium (Nepal’s biggest sporting arena) with parents and children on February 21, 2015. Together parents will rededicate their marriages and students will take the Pure Love Pledge.
Two Conferences for High School and College Principals
In preparation for this we conducted two back-to-back conferences for high school and college principals in Bangkok, Thailand. The dates were Dec. 17-21 and Dec. 20-24, 2014. (So, actually, these conferences overlapped. The day of departure for the first conference was the day of arrival for the second one.) This is Christmas and the height of the tourist season in Thailand. Our Thai family really, really worked hard to organize this program. They helped Nepal as they continued to hold Marriage Blessings throughout Thailand.
An overall summary of the two programs shows the impact we are starting to have in the field of education:
- The Ministry of Education is fully supporting this event. The husband of the Minister of Education — officially representing his wife — attended.
- Two of Nepal’s most prominent educationists, both former Vice-Chancellors (University Presidents), participated.
- Two Members of Parliament, including Hon. Ek Nath Dhakal, the CIG Special Envoy to Nepal, joined the conference.
- The heads of both private school organizations attended. Together they represent nearly 3 million students and are the best schools/colleges in Nepal.
- There was a total of 139 participants from Nepal and 11 from India.
- In all, 83 Nepalese educational institutions were represented.
- The number of Nepalese principal couples (husband and wife together) was 54.
- Nepal and India also re-launched both PWPA and TARP (Teachers’ Association for the Research of Principles).
The theme for both conferences was, “Our Shared Responsibility in Building a Nation of Peace.” Each conference included two full days of Principle education. This was given by Dr. Robert Kittel and Mrs. Ursula McLackland. Dr. Yong gave internal guidance both during the days of the conference and at the Blessing Ceremony which took place on the third day. Many, many people cried during his presentations as he explained about the Attributes of True Love.
Principals and parents only vaguely knew that character education was valuable in the education of their children/students. They focused primarily on developing the intellect. After this conference they now know that being “good” is actually more important than being “smart.” And more importantly—they know why!
They realized that character education based on True Parents two fundamental principles (dual purpose of mind-body and pair system of man-woman) are the key. This education focuses on two of True Father’s life’s mottos: Live for the Sake of Others and Absolute Sex. If we develop an attitude of public-mindedness and maintain sexual purity then we easily become One Family under God.
Reflections from 1st Conference
I perceived this program as one of my life’s turning point. This program especially made me think twice about the showing love between wife and husband, brother and sister, mother and father…” DB
I would like to thank you for the enlightenment that we are benefitted by sacrifice, no pre-marital sex and the shared principles of peace from the individual to the family to further in society/community and the nation as a whole. Thank you. Unnamed
Our students and youngsters of today’s modern society have, in comparison, lesser humility, lesser love and bond with their family members, lesser patriotism… they are derailed by the influence of international practices or missed global culture. Many students come to our school from broken families where they live either with mother or father only. Some even don’t have either one. So they are growing up with harsh feelings… Let’s heal the degrading humanity of the problems of young people. Mukunda Raj Sharma
I may not fully agree to all the ideologies of Father Moon, but I really like his approach towards restoring peace in the world with respect to love and unselfishness and putting family in the center of the process towards establishing peace in the world. Unnamed
Reflections from 2nd Conference
I myself am the example of a life-changing experience through Father Moon and Mother Moon’s principle and philosophy. Just 16 years back I got the opportunity to participate in a Pure Love Alliance program in 1998. A few Korean teachers taught us about Pure Love and we all (50 students) pledged to purity. From that onwards, my goal is set and I am strong in my mind, body and soul. Now I would like to request all the participants to rise from their seats and follow by repeating:
We make the commitment to meet again at the National Stadium on the 21st of February with 70,000 people to celebrate the Family and Marriage Peace Blessing Festival.”
- Tribe of: Rev. Santosh and Florimae Paudel (NL Nepal)
- Total number of participants: 260
- Total number of couples attending: 65
- Total number of couples who did the Indemnity Stick: 25
Special Note: The Hindu leader testified that the teachings of True Father explained more clearly his religion than even he understood.
- This was organized in the rural countryside in a tent.
- All those who came as couples did the Indemnity Stick!
Total number of couples who did the Indemnity Stick Ceremony: 115 couples registered on site (a new record for Nepal). In all, 430 people attended.
- This includes one 4-generation family and two 3-generation families!
- Total number of registered couples: 155 couples. (135 as couples and 20 with spouse’s photo)
- This was New Year’s Day for many ethic tribes in Nepal. It is a day normally spent among family members and they all sacrificed to attend this Marriage Blessing.
- Tribe of: Dr. and Mrs. Yong Chung-sik, Special CIG Emissary to Asia.
Special Note: Dr. Hom Basnet organized this event. He focused on intergenerational families. There was one 4-generation family (Dr. Basnet’s family) and two 3-generational families.